You can book or inquire about
- a room
- a car rental
- an English speaking private driver
- or simply ask for more information.
Click here to email your request.
Let us know
- which date(s) you’d like (to avoid confusion use the format 12th July 2012 not 7/12/12 or 12/7/12)
- if you’d like a car rental let us know if you need 2WD or 4WD, small/medium/large, manual transmission or automatic and start and end date of the rental
- if you’d like an English speaking private driver with a van let us know which date(s)
- or simply ask for more information on any subject
If you have urgent requests (bookings for next 48 hours) please call us directly +506-2289-4198 at any time or use our US phone number: 202-506-9007. We are happy to help! Note we are not always connected to the internet.
OUR SPECIAL “NO WORRIES” GUARANTEES
- We do not pre-charge ANYTHING on a credit card. You do not have a confirmed reservation until you receive a CONFIRMATION email from us. Any questions just email us 24 hours a day – happy to help!
- We have a cancellation policy (please read it!). If we have a chance to rent the room you guaranteed you’re ‘off the hook’! If you are a no-show we will charge your first night, so do please be sure to cancel the reservation promptly if your travel plans change.
- If you are arriving on your first night in Costa Rica and your flight is canceled or diverted or otherwise distracted, you will not be charged for the first room night for airlines that you can’t control – no worries and “no more worries about that one”.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
Your rates are double occupancy (additional persons of all sizes are $15 each) plus 13% sales tax. Your booking includes an excellent breakfast served with a smile (or a “breakfast to go” for early departures – also with a smile!). We arrange your airport pickup and dropoff with a trusted taxi driver and his comfortable minibus. He is available any time of day or night and the ride costs $25.
Our ACCOMMODATIONS/ROOMS page has all the room details.
DINNERS & LATE ARRIVALS
We are sorry to say that Casa Laurin is not serving dinners. However, if you are hungry at arrival, we can order in for you or our taxi driver can stop on the way if you want to grab something at the restaurant or grocery store. Just ask him and he will be happy to make a quick stop for you.
If your flight leaves early, we’ll be up with you to hand you your “breakfast to go” and call you a taxi at any time you like . . . 4am if you need it – just let us know the night before.
Car rentals are available at competitive prices – request quotes for an:
Small, Medium or Large 4WD or Automobile (2WD)
Manual transmission on smaller cars can save you money. We work with three car rental agencies with flawless results. We have your car delivered and picked up here if you wish and the cars are late models – no more than 1 or 2 years old – as you don’t want to spend a day of your vacation chasing car issues. A GPS and a phone can be delivered with the car (optional) but best to book ahead.
We can provide a quote. Just let us know the following:
· 2WD or 4WD? (email us your route if you are not sure and we can advise)
· manual or automatic transmission?
· small (e.g. Tiida 2WD or Bego 4WD), medium (e.g. Suzuki Gran Vitara),
· large (e.g. Mitsubishi Sport, Nissan X-Trail, Suzuki XL-7)?
· the date you would like it delivered here and the date you want it picked up?
One way rentals also available.
If you are arriving in the evening we advise not renting a car that night – take our taxi to the hotel – driving in the dark is no fun in countries WITH great drivers and good signage (and Costa Rica has challenges with both).
Often Internet quotes neglect to include insurance- usually adds a minimum of $15 to $20 a day. Our quote will give you the ‘final price’ that you can expect to pay. Also check that your credit card covers collision, theft, vandalism and zero deductible (most US and Canada cards do, many European ones don’t). You can get Liability insurance with up to 100% coverage.
PRIVATE VAN/ENGLISH SPEAKING DRIVER
We can book local reliable drivers we know well – they are knowledgeable “Ticos” and they speak English. They can take you to anywhere in the country in private vans. They operate on your schedule and we can find ways to “turn transfers into tours”. Email us the request ahead of your arrival and we’ll have a knowledgeable Costa Rican driver with good English, good attitude and an insured, air conditioned van ready for a trip of your choice at breakfast your first day or at your convenience. This is a great way to start a trip with “a local perspective sitting in the drivers seat” while you start a relaxing vacation – let us be your guide!